Experience, experience! Sleeping in a cellar where our forefathers worked the earth's blood...
For a winegrower, a tank is 500 hectolitres, for an architect, it's 12m2...
Today the Domaine Riberach**** welcomes you in 24 fitted out vats, for a total of 18 rooms.
With respect to the history of the place, Karin Pühringer and Luc Richard, owners and architects, were inspired by the structure of this former cooperative cellar to remodel it into rooms & suites, restaurants & kitchens, SPA and a winery... Some of them open onto the surrounding hills and vineyards, while the others look out onto the village and the Castle-Museum of Belesta.
Zen and uncluttered, the rooms are fitted out in a loft-design" style, for epicurean clients in search of disconnection, digital detox, a return to their roots, without sacrificing any comfort.
Sleeping in a cellar next to the barrels, Diogenes did it... so sleeping in a wine vat, even if it is empty, remains an experience to be savoured!
And as nature is very close, the Domaine Riberach ****, accepts pets (clean and well educated) at the rate of 15€ per animal and per night.
Above the wine vats
Get a good view of the world from above! Slate floors, coloured wall, shimmering fabrics, exotic furniture, panoramic terrace or balcony, with views over the garrigue or Bélesta. An atmosphere of character inspired by the traveller's imagination, where comfort and luxury are reflected in the smallest details.
In the wine vats
Oak and pebble flooring, soft whitewashed walls, midnight blue ceiling, Japanese silk panels, cocooning effect and private terrace, guaranteeing a good "sleep in the wine vat" with regenerative powers. A whole universe, with natural and pure charm, great comfort and careful attention to detail.
During the restoration phase, historical remains and the old entrance porch dating from 1767 were uncovered.
Booking conditions for our cottages " La Maison du Château ":
Bookable from Saturday to Saturday in July and August (minimum 7 nights).
Bookable with a minimum of 3 nights for the rest of the year.
When you stay at the Domaine Riberach****, whether in the ecolodge hotel or in one of the cottages of La Maison du Château, you have privileged access to the following services:
- Gastronomic restaurant "La Coopérative"
- Summer bistronomic restaurant "Cargol'21"
- Bistro "Comptoir-Cave"
- Lounge terrace / Bar
- Visit and tasting
- Outdoor natural swimming pool (free access)
- Private SPA with massages and treatments
- Mediterranean gardens (free access)
- Children's playground (free access)
- French bowling ground (free access)
- Wine tourism activities
- 2 seminar or reception rooms
- Free Wifi
- Laundry service
- Reception available from 8am to 10pm
- Pets allowed
Breakfast is served in the restaurant, on the terrace or in your room.
This gourmet buffet consists mainly of local, organic and seasonal products.
Our cakes, biscuits and jams are home-made by our pastry chef.
You will be able to enjoy the "Buffet gourmand” breakfast with :
- Cakes, muffins, gingerbread and fruit tarts, home-made by our Pastry Chef Nicolas FORTHIAS,
- Bread, brioche and pastries by MOF baker Henri POCH,
- Charcuterie, salmon and Catalan cheeses,
- Fruit and fruit salads from local producers in the area,
- SIBIO organic fruit juice from St Féliu d'Avall
- Dried fruit and muesli,
- Organic eggs for boiled eggs, omelettes and scrambled eggs,
- Organic honey, from Jardins de la Pipistrelle
- Organic jam, from Val de Sournia
Served from 8.00 am to 10.30 am, at a cost of 19€/person.
Children's breakfast (from 5 to 12 years old): 14€.
Free for children under 5 years old.
Breakfast included in each room: NO